NPSO 2012 Annual Meeting
On-site and Off-site Lodging Options
Deer Creek Center Lodging
Deer Creek Center’s facilities include unlimited primitive camp sites, two yurts, a state-of-the-art solar bathhouse and a covered picnic pavilion. Siskiyou Field Institute’s offices are located onsite in the historic Kendeda House, which also boasts a large classroom, three private bedrooms, a dorm room that sleeps six, a fully stocked kitchen, a spacious great room and a covered porch overlooking the valley and the mountains beyond. For the NPSO 2012 Annual Meeting, please book your stay at Deer Creek Center through the registration form found in the April Bulletin or online (once available).
Folks camping and staying in the yurts may use the open-air pavilion (which has a sink, grill, picnic tables and electric outlets) for food preparation. Campers and yurters also have access to the nearby handicapped-accessible, solar bathhouse which has sinks, toilet stalls and showers. A big campfire ring is also available during the evenings for botanical storytelling.
- Camping - $8/ tent (or vehicle)/night - essentially unlimited. Camping is in a large field by Deer Creek, the Kendeda House, and the bathhouse. There is room for a few small
- Small Yurt - $12/person/night. This yurt sleeps 12 and doesn't have electricity (no air conditioning). This is the designated Men’s yurt. Please bring bedding and towels.
- Large Yurt - $12/person/night. Full This Women’s yurt sleeps 18 and does have electricity and air conditioning. Please bring bedding and towels.
For dorms and private rooms, please call Julie Spelletich first to reserve your bed: (541) 951-1744. Rooms will go fast. Dorms and private rooms are now all booked. Wait until after you have confirmed room availability to send in your registration and money. Dorm and private room users have access to the kitchen, except Saturday morning (July 14) when it is reserved for the caterer.
- Dorm rooms - $18/night, 6 spaces available. The dorm is co-ed. There are two bathrooms for the dorm: one with a shower, toilet and sink and the other with toilet, bidet, sink and clawfoot bathtub. Linens are provided for the beds, but please bring your own towels.
- Private Room 1 (overlooks Deer Creek Valley) - $50/1 person, $10/each additional person - maximum capacity 3. This room has a Queen and Twin bed and a cot is also available. There is a private bathroom with sink, toilet, bidet and shower. Linens and towels are provided.
- Private Room 4 (overlooks back yard/camping) - $50/1 person, $10/each additional person - maximum capacity 3. This room has a bunk with a Queen bed on the bottom and a Twin on the top. A cot is also available. There is a private bathroom with sink, toilet and shower. Linens and towels are provided.
Private Room 2 (downstairs - the "John Wayne room") - $50/1 person, $10/each additional person - maximum capacity 3. This room has a large bed (either a King or Queen). A cot is also available. There is a private bathroom with sink, toilet and shower. Linens and towels are provided.
Please no smoking or pets at Deer Creek Center.
Deer Creek Center is available for rent year-round. If you would like to book a stay before or after the annual meeting, call (541)597-8530 or email email@example.com.
Other Accommodations in the Area
DD Phones | Cable TV
24810 Redwood Highway, Kerby
Motel with 60 units with restaurant
406 S Redwood Highway, Cave Junction
Kerbyville Inn Bed & Breakfast
Lake Selmac County Park (camping, yurts)
Lake Selmac Resort (camping, hook-ups, showers)
2700 Lakeshore Drive, Selma
Oregon Caves Chateau
(About an hour away from the meeting, but a nice place for an extended stay)
If you have questions that aren't answered here, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.